DSDSystem was founded in 2003 and has built up years of experience in maintenance management, as well as implementing CMMS tools, training customers to use them, and developing its own CMMS software, Altair.
Key dates in the life of the company
Bernard Decoster, founder of DSDSystem, is a Maximo CMMS business engineer and also holds the posts of consultant and head of industrial maintenance.
Based on this experience on the ground, the Decoster Software Development System (DSDSystem) is created. DSD’s CMMS product begins to take form and will soon become Altair.
- The fully web-enabled CMMS Altair is implemented at its first industrial site. This is the first in a long list of customers.
- The Altair CMMS software is validated by SUN and features in the global Java catalog.
- Activity increases and many contracts based on supporting the Maximo CMMS are signed.
2006 – 2009
Revenues increase steadily, as much due to activities relating to Maximo as to Altair CMMS.
Altair CMMS is selected by Alstom Hydro, the leading hydroelectric company, for its global offering.
- Release of Altair v4, integrating new modules and ergonomic features.
- HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) can now be managed by the CMMS.
- DSDSystem becomes a SAS (“Société par actions simplifies” – a type of limited company.)
- Release of Altair Enterprise, a complete redesign of the CMMS software, providing a more polished interactivity and usability than ever.
- The CMMS becomes more accessible than ever with the addition of the CMMS cloud SaaS subscription, making the CMMS available at a low and controlled price, encouraging more small and medium business to jump in.
- Release of Themis QHSE manager, a brand new HSE management solution, based on the core of Altair Enterprise and optimized for health and safety works.
- Release of the AS edition of Altair CMMS, named Altair Service Manager
- Thanks to several internation partnership, DSDSystems’ solutions are now used by tenths of thousands users in 4 continents.